Top 5 Hypnobirthing Courses in Kingston and Surbiton. Ratings & Reviews
As you start to approach the end of your pregnancy your thoughts will undoubtedly turn to the birth. I know mine did. I spent a lot of time reading about how to prepare, went to antenatal classes (and watched far too much One Born Every Minute) before my daughter was born. I didn’t know what it would be like to give birth, but I knew I wanted to feel calm, well-informed and in control of my choices.
If you’re anything like me, you’ll want to be sure you’re getting the best possible education and support as you prepare for your baby’s birth. In this article I’m comparing the top five hypnobirthing courses in Kingston and Surbiton, and I hope it helps you to make an informed decision about which is right for you.
The five classes I’m comparing are:
- Positively Birthing
- Hypnobirthing For You
- Kingston Hospital Maternity
- Zenbirth – Surrey Hypnobirthing
- Hypnobirthing Mumma
How I’ve Reviewed The Hypnobirthing Courses
The aim of this article is to provide you with unbiased information about the top five hypnobirthing courses in Kingston and Surbiton, so before we dive in it may be helpful to explain my process.
The ‘top five’ classes that I’ve reviewed are the classes that rank highest on a Google search for ‘hypnobirthing Kingston Surbiton.’ This doesn’t include paid-for Google Ads.
I’ve also excluded one class that came up in the search – that’s the classes taught at BoCo in Surbiton. Their Google listing has information about the hypnobirthing teacher based there, but I was unable to find information about their hypnobirthing course.
I’m not affiliated with any of the courses in any way, and have no interest in promoting one over the other.
To keep things consistent I’ll be reviewing each course based on the following three factors:
- Who teaches it, and their qualifications
- Which hypnobirthing method they use
- What’s included in the cost of the course
- Google review ratings
Positively Birthing is run by Megan Rossiter, and offers private, group and online hypnobirthing and antenatal preparation courses. There aren’t any group courses available in Kingston or Surbiton, but you could opt for a private course at your Kingston or Surbiton home
Here are the key facts about the Positively Birthing courses:
- The courses are taught by Megan, who is a hypnobirthing practitioner, mother and former student midwife.
- Megan is a KG Hypnobirthing teacher
- As mentioned above, the group courses are held outside of Kingston and Surbiton in Cobham, Cheam, St Margarets and Berkshire.
- Private courses can take place in your home.
- The group course costs £295, and private courses range in price from £350 to £595.
- The group course includes: a full antenatal and hypnobirthing course, ongoing support via email, text message and phone right up to the birth of your baby, a private social messaging group with the other members of your Positively Birthing Class (optional), the Hypnobirthing Book by Katharine Graves, with introduction by Michel Odent, the KG Hypnobirthing course relaxation MP3s, Colour & Calmness, Positively Birthing class pack and goodie bag, and aPostnatal Group meet up.
- Positively Birthing has a 5* rating from 2 reviews on Google.
Hypnobirthing For You
Hypnobirthing For You is run by Sophie Englefield, and offers a hypnobirthing course and an online course. From reading the website, it seems that all of the classes are private, and are held at your home.
Here are the key facts about the Hypnobirthing For You courses:
- The courses are taught by Sophie, who is a mother, hypnobirthing practitioner and a doula.
- Sophie has trained with the Hypnobirthing Institute – Marie Mongan method and in the KG method.
- The classes take place at your home, and you can choose from an ‘all-in-one’ class which lasts around 3-4 hours, or two half classes lasting 1.5-2 hours each. There’s also the option of an online course.
- The fees are £250 for the all-in-one class or £125 for each half class.
- This fee includes: The official HypnoBirthing book, an additional relaxation and birthing affirmations CD, practice handouts, a personalised download designed to suit your own concerns and issues.
- Hypnobirthing for you doesn’t have any reviews or ratings on Google.
Kingston Hospital Maternity
Kingston Hospital Maternity Unit offers short hypnobirthing courses, which are designed to complement their own or other antenatal courses. Expectant parents can attend the courses from 20 weeks of pregnancy onwards.
Here are the key facts about the Kingston Hospital Maternity hypnobirthing course:
- The hypnobirthing courses at Kingston Hospital are taught by Jackie Kietz, a NCT, hypnobirthing and baby massage instructor and a reflexologist.
- The website doesn’t specify which hypnobirthing method is taught, but the course does include the Katharine Graves Hypnobirthing Book.
- The classes are offered on weekends, with one course available each month. Each class starts at 10am and finishes at 2.30pm.
- The fee for the class is £150.
- This fee includes: 5 x MP3 recordings. the Baby Bumps book ‘I’m Expecting a Baby’, the Katharine Graves ‘Hypnobirthing’ book, a handouts folder, and email follow-ups.
- The course doesn’t have any Google ratings or reviews.
Zenbirth – Surrey Hypnobirthing
Sophia Smythe-Davis teaches the ZenBirth antental hypnobirthing programme across Surrey and South West London. She offers both group and private courses.
Here are the key facts about Sophia’s Zenbirth courses:
- The courses are taught by Sophia Smythe-Davis who is an antenatal teacher and hypnobirthing practitioner, and hypnobirthing mum of two.
- Each course teaches the full KG-hypnobirthing programme.
- The group classes are taught over two weekend days, from 10am-4.30pm on each day at Kingston Natural Health Centre. Private courses are arranged at mutually convenient times.
- The group course costs £295 and private courses start from £545.
- The cost of the course includes: the complete KG Hypnobirthing programme, the Hypnobirthing Book, hypnobirthing recordings, course manual and on-going support.
- Zenbirth – Surrey Hypnobirthing has a 5* rating from 7 Google reviews.
Hypnobirthing Mumma is run by Ali, who offers private courses in Kingston and Surbiton, and group courses in Twickenham.
Here are the key facts about the Hypnobirthing Mumma course:
- The courses are run by Ali, who is a mother and hypnobirthing practitioner.
- She is trained in the KG hypnobirthing method.
- Private courses can take place at your Kingston or Surbiton home. Group courses take place at Gymboree in St Margarets and run over 3 Thursday evenings.
- Private courses range in price from £250 for the essentials course (4 hours) to £395 for the private course (10 hours.) The group course costs £295.
- Each course includes: Course notes, The Hypnobirthing book by Katherine Greaves, and Relaxation for a Gentle Birth – Colour and Calmness MP3 download.
- Hypnobirthing Mumma has a 5* rating from 3 Google reviews.
Over To You
Whilst a fairly short-lived experience in the grand scheme of being a parent, there’s no doubt that labour and birth are definitely things you’ll want to feel well-informed about.
Hypnobirthing won’t be right for every couple, but if it’s something you’ve decided to explore then I hope that this article has helped you to choose the best hypnobirthing class for you.
I’d love to hear how you got on if you take any of these classes. Or perhaps you attended a different hypnobirthing class and would like to share your experience. You can let me know by sending me a message here, or in the comments below.
You May Also Like
If you’re expecting a baby, you may also find this article helpful:
Are You Thinking about A Newborn Photo Shoot But Don't Know Where To Start?
Download my FREE Newborn Photography Buyer's Guide and learn how to choose the best photographer for your family.